Sunday, April 30, 2017

Mrs. Stevens Room!

Hello All!

I've been very busy over these past 15 weeks and I am just now FINALLY getting a chance to sit down and share what I have been doing with you all!  My first eight weeks in Mrs. Stevens room flew by, and I accomplished so much in such a short amount of time!  I taught a stem scope science kit on the Diversity of Living Things, and spent eight weeks teaching students about Nonfiction and It's Features!  Students created everything from Habitat Environments, Nonfiction Notebooks, and Penguin Investigations!  My kiddos were always hard at work with everything I gave them, and we had a lot of fun together!  It wasn't always easy though.  I learned a lot in my first placement about classroom management and how to become better prepared as a teacher.  A lot goes into planning for lessons such as creating them and having all materials ready.  After my first eight weeks I learned a lot about being better prepared and brought that to my second placement.  I also learned about how communicating is important when you are working with other teachers.  I learned that communication is key when you have a mentor teacher, and I didn't always express the things I should have to Mrs. Stevens.  But, student teaching is a learning process, and my failures helped me to better prepare myself for my second placement, and for my teaching career.  All failures aside, there were lots of good moments as well!

Take a peek at some of my students work!

If you had to study a penguin, which one would you choose?









Students spent lots of time drafting and creating their zoo environments.  If you could design a zoo habitat, what would it be?



No comments:

Post a Comment